Current Big Questions resources
Required learning for 26th May:
- Please watch this 51-minute video: The If Machine – a talk by Peter Worley, which picks up on some themes from last week’s readings.
Optional reading for 26th May:
- Sample transcript: ‘Humans: Machine or animals?’
Previous weeks’ resources
Readings after Mentor Workshop 1:
- Article: It’s just my opinion isn’t good enough by Mike Gershon
- Excerpt from Epistemological development by Sue Knight & Carol Collins
- Excerpts from Philosophy In Philosophy in Schools by Peter Worley
- Excerpt from Class act by Peter Worley
Required reading after Mentor Workshop 2:
- Excerpt from The If Machine by Peter Worley. Please start reading from “The art of iffing” (page 10) and continue reading the rest of this excerpt (pp. 10 – 45).
Optional reading after Mentor Workshop 2:
- Sample transcripts: ‘Being good’, ‘Free will’ and ‘The future’
Other resources of interest
- Mentor recruitment: Big Questions info session powerpoint presentation (2014)
- Benefits of Collaborative Philosophical Inquiry in Schools by Stephan Millett and Alan Tapper
- Recognising Dodgy Arguments: How values, biases and dodgy arguments mislead us (and how to make better arguments ourselves) and six animations on critical thinking by James Hutson.